The Goophone N3 Elite is a 8-cores Android smartphone introduced by Chinese manufacturer Goophone back in September this year. This device took the design que from the Galaxy Note 3 but comes with a much cheaper price tag of just $200 off-contract. The Goophone N3 Elite rocks a 5.7″ HD display powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core chipset along with 2GB of RAM.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Goophone N3 Elite rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Goophone N3 Elite using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Goophone N3 Elite
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Goophone N3 Elite.
Follow the steps below on how to root Goophone N3 Elite
- Connect the Goophone N3 Elite to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Goophone N3 Elite smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Goophone N3 Elite!