The Tengda P8 is a low-end Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Tengda back in September this year. This budget handset comes with a price tag of just $70, making it one of the cheapest Android smartphone available in the market. The Tengda P8 rocks a decent 5″ display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Tengda P8 rather easily using the Kingo Root program as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Tengda P8 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Tengda P8
- Download the Kingo program to your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery remaining on your device.
- Back up the Tengda P8.
Follow the steps below on how to root Tengda p8
- Install Kingo on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After you have installed, open the Kingo program on your PC.
- Connect the Tengda P8 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- The program will then install the lastest driver on your PC.
- Once the neccessary driver has been installed, you should see a screen like the one above.
- Click on the root button to begin rooting Tengda P8.
- Once it has rooted your device, you should see a Root Succeeded message.
- Reboot your smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Tengda P8!
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the Tengda P8. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!