The Goophone One M8 is the latest Android smartphone released by Goophone back in June this year. Looking at its image, you should know that the device is an exact replica of the HTC One M8 flagship released earlier this year, but with a much watered down hardware and features.
Since the Goophone One M8 runs on the stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat along with an unlocked bootloader, its rather easy for us to have it rooted. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Goophone One M8 using the vroot program. If you’re interested, then read on to find out how to root Goophone One M8!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Goophone One M8
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Goophone One M8 smartphone.
- Back up your Goophone One M8 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Goophone One M8
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Goophone One M8 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Goophone One M8.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The device will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Goophone One M8!