The Huawei A199 is a mid-range Android smartphone announced by Chinese smartphone company Huawei back in April last year. The device sport a 5 inch HD display powered by Huawei’s own 1.5GHz quad-core K3V2 chipset. Like any other Huawei handsets, rooting Huawei A199 is pretty easy as well. All you have to do is to install the Kingo program on your PC and follow the onscreen instructions. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you on how to root Huawei A199 using Kingo Root.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Huawei A199
- Download the Kingo program to your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery remaining on your device.
- Back up the Huawei A199.
Follow the steps below on how to root Huawei A199
- Install Kingo on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After you have installed, open the Kingo program on your PC.
- Connect the Huawei A199 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- The program will then install the lastest driver on your PC.
- Once the neccessary driver has been installed, you should see a screen like the one above.
- Click on the root button to begin rooting Huawei A199.
- Once it has rooted your device, you should see a Root Succeeded message.
- Reboot your smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Huawei A199!