The Huawei Ascend G740 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Huawei back in September last year. The Huawei Ascend G740 comes with a 5 inches HD display running on a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm chipset and 1GB RAM. Unlike most other Huawei smartphones, the Huawei Ascend G740 runs on a Qualcomm processor instead of Mediatek. Whatever it is, it is still fairly easy to root Huawei Ascend G740. In the following tutorial, I will be showing you guys how to root Huawei Ascend G740 using Framaroot, a one-click-root Android app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Huawei Ascend G740
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Install HiSuite on your PC before moving on. You can download it here if you have not do so.
- Make sure you have fully charged your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Huawei Ascend G740.
Follow the steps below on how to root Huawei Ascend G740
- Connect the Huawei Ascend G740 to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Launch the Framaroot app from your app drawer.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- Next up, select Gandalf from the Select an exploit section to root Huawei Ascend G740. The above is for illustrative purpose only, so please Do Not select Boromir as it will not work.
- If everything goes smoothly, you should see a pop-up like the one above on your device.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Huawei Ascend G740!