The Huawei Honor 3X is a high-end Android smartphone announced by Huawei back in December last year, alongside the Huawei Honor 3C. The Huawei Honor 3X comes with a 5.5 inches HD display powered by a 1.7GHz octa-core processor and 2GB RAM. Although the device has been released for less than 3 months, there is already a method available to root Huawei Honor 3X in a few minutes. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Huawei Honor 3X using RootGenius, a one-click-root program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Huawei Honor 3X
- Download the RootGenius file to your PC.
- Install HiSuite on your PC before moving on. You can download it here if you have not do so.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Huawei Honor 3X.
Follow the steps below on how to root Huawei Honor 3X
- Extract the rootgenius.zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click on a rootgenius executable file to install the program on your PC.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 3X smartphone to your PC using an appropriate USB cable. Please make sure you connect it under the MTP mode.
- Launch the RootGenius program on your PC.
- Make sure it is able to detect your device.
- Once it detected your device, click on the Root button at the bottom right.
- It will take a few minutes to root Huawei Honor 3X.
- If everything go smoothly, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Huawei Honor 3X!