The Huawei Ascend Y511 is a budget Android smartphone released by Huawei back in October last year. Since the Huawei Ascend Y511 comes with a price tag of just $120, we wouldn’t want to expect too much from it. The device comes with a 4.5 inches powered by a middling 1.3GHz dual-core processor and 512MB RAM – good enough for average Android users. Like any other Android smartphone, we can easily root Huawei Ascend Y511 as well. If you’re interested, you can read on to find out how to root Huawei Ascend Y511 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Huawei Ascend Y511
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Install HiSuite on your PC before moving on. You can download it here if you have not do so.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Huawei Ascend Y511.
Follow the steps below on how to root Huawei Ascend Y511
- Connect the Huawei Ascend G740 to your PC.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app from your app drawer.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the following section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Huawei Ascend Y511.
- If your device has been successfully rooted, you should see a pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Huawei Ascend Y511!