The Huawei Ascend P7 is the latest flagship device introduced by the Chinese manufacturer back in June this year. The device rocks a 5″ FHD display powered by Huawei’s own 1.8GHz quad-core chipset along with 2GB of RAM. Other key specs which comes along with the device include a 16GB onboard storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, 2,500mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Huawei smartphones, we can root Huawei Ascend P7 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Huawei Ascend P7 using the Root Genius program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Huawei Ascend P7
- Download the RootGenius file to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary device driver before you proceed.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Huawei Ascend P7.
Follow the steps below on how to root Huawei Ascend P7
- Extract the rootgenius.zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Inside the extracted folder, double-click on a rootgenius executable file to install the program on your PC.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend P7 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Launch the RootGenius program on your PC.
- Make sure it is able to detect your device.
- Once it detected your device, click on the Root button at the bottom right.
- It will take a few minutes to root Huawei Ascend P7.
- If everything go smoothly, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Huawei Ascend P7!