The Newman K1S is the first smartphone from Newman to be featuring the latest octa-core MT6592 processor under the hood. Although it comes with a rather high-end spec sheet, the Newman K1S is available for just $190 – 4 times cheaper than the HTC One. What we like about this device other than its hardware is that it can be easily rooted in a few minutes time. To root Newman K1S, we only have to make use of the framaroot app. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Newman K1S in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Newman K1S
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Newman K1S smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Newman K1S
- Connect the Newman K1S to your PC using the accompanying USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Newman K1S smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Newman K1S.
- Once the app has rooted your device, you should see a success pop-up like the one above.
- Reboot the Newman K1S smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Newman K1S!