In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo Duos using the Odin program. This procedure requires you to use a Windows PC since Odin only runs on Windows OS.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Galaxy S3 Neo Duos
- Download the following programs : Odin_v3.07.zip, CWM Root file and CWM Recovery.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Back up the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo.
Follow the steps below on how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo Duo
- Connect your device to the PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Install the Odin program on your PC.
- Once done, open the Odin program.
- On the Odin program, click on PDA and then select the i9300i-cwm-recovery-126.96.36.199-cn.tar file which you have downloaded and then press start.
- Next up, copy the CWM Root file to your device’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and then boot it into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a moment.
- Inside the recovery mode, you can then look for the CWM Root file and flash it on your device.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo Duo!