Released earlier this year, the ThL W200 is one of the most affordable quad-core powered Android smartphone that cost you less than $200. If you happen to own one of this device, then you may want to have it rooted to get the most out of its performance. The guide below will teach you how to root the ThL W200 in less than an hour.
Before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the ThL W200
- Download the Framaroot-1.6.0.apk.
- Connect the ThL W200 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot-1.6.0.apk from your PC over to your device’s SD card.
- Ensure that you have enabled the installation of apps from Unknown sources in your device’s settings.
- Launch your file explorer from your app drawer ( if you do not have one, you can download ES File Explorer from the Play Store ) and look for the Framaroot-1.6.0apk. Once you’ve found the apk, install it.
- Open the Framaroot-1.6.0 app from your app drawer.
- On the app, tap on Boromir and wait for a success pop-up to appear.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted the ThL W200!
This is how you go about rooting the ThL W200. If you encounter any problems during the process, please feel free to comment below the post or visit the original developers.