The ThL W9 is a mid-range Android phablet released by Chinese manufacturer ThL back in July this year. The device rocks an incredible 5.7″ FHD display powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core chipset along with 1GB of RAM. Other key specs which accompany the device include a 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 2,300mAh removable battery as well as Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS running in the background.
Like most other Android handsets, we can root ThL W9 rather easily using the Framaroot app as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root ThL W9 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting ThL W9
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the ThL W9.
Follow the steps below on how to root ThL W9
- Connect the iNew V3 Plus to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your ThL W9 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work )
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted ThL W9!