The Elephone G4 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Elephone back in July this year. No doubt, this is one of the best sub $100 quad-core handset currently available in the market.
The Elephone G4 rocks a 5″ HD display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor along with 1GB RAM. Other key specs which come with the device include a 8GB internal storage, microSD slot, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera for selfies, 2,050mAh removable battery as well as Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Elephone handsets, we can root Elephone G4 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Elephone G4 using the vroot program.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Elephone G4
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your Elephone G4 smartphone.
- Back up your Elephone G4 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Elephone G4
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Elephone G4 to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Elephone G4.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Elephone G4 will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Elephone G4!