The Umi Iron is the latest flagship announced by Chinese manufacturer Umi back in May this year. The Umi Iron rocks a decent 5.5″ FHD display powered by an incredible 8-cores MT6753 chipset along with 3GB of RAM. Other key specs which come along with this device include a 16GB internal storage, microSD slot, Biometric security features, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front-facing camera, 3,200mAh battery as well as Android 5.1 running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Umi Iron rather easily using the kingroot program. In the following tutorial, i will be guiding you guys on how to root Umi Iron in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Umi Iron
- Download the Kingroot to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Umi Iron smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Umi Iron
- Install kingroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions. If it doesn’t open, then right-click on the icon and run it as administrator.
- Connect the Umi Iron to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps. If it doesn’t detect your device, do ensure that you have installed the correct driver on your PC.
- Open the kingroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the kingroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Blue button ) to begin rooting Umi Iron.
- The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- The Umi Iron will then automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Umi Iron!
Now, you’re free to install custom ROMs as well as recovery on the Umi Iron. In the meantime, stay tune for more how to root tutorials!