Want to unroot the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 but have no idea how to do so? Then you’re at the right place! This tutorial will guide you on how to unroot the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 in less than an hour.
Likewise before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of unrooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for any form of damage on your device. It’s also a good practice for you to backup your device before embarking on any of these procedures.
- Download both the Stock Firmware and Odin.
- Extract them to your desktop.
- Open the Odin.exe file that you’ve extracted.
- Select PDA, and choose the Stock Firmware that you’ve downloaded earlier on.
- Make sure the Repartition box remains unchecked.
- Make sure both the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked.
- Switch off the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Turn on the device once again by holding the Volume Down , Home and Power buttons together for a moment.
- Press the Volume Up button to boot your device into download mode.
- Now, connect the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 to your PC via the USB cable.
- Click the Start button in Odin to start re-flashing the stock firmware onto the device.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully unrooted your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4!
Hopefully you’ll be able to understand how to unroot the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 after reading this tutorial. If you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post. In the meantime, stay tune for other how to unroot tutorials coming your way!
N/G. VZW SCH-1545. Fails. After reboot screen shows “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.” Can’t get to Kies. Any ideas?
Yes – Unable to connect.
Have you installed the Kies software on your PC?
Have you successfully installed the device’s driver on your PC? Anyway can you tell me whether you’re able to open the Kies application?
Does anyone know where I can get base firmware SCH-1545