The Cubot S222 is the latest mid-range Android smartphone released by cubot earlier this year. The device comes with an affordable price tag of just $160 – even though it is packed with all top-notch hardware. The Cubot S222 features a 5-inches IPS display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. Like most other Android smartphone running on the MTK6582 chipset, we can also root Cubot S222 rather easily using the vroot program. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot S222 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot S222
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have fully charged your device before proceeding.
- Back up the Cubot S222 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot S222
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, open the vroot program on your PC.
- Connect the Cubot S222 to your PC using a suitable USB cable.
- Please make sure your PC is able to detect your device before moving on.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Cubot S222.
- The program may take several minutes to root your device so be patient.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your device will automatically be rebooted.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot S222!