The Tengda LG3 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Chinese manufacturer Tengda back in November this year. This device is an exact replica of the LG G3 flagship, except for its watered-down hardware specifications and a much more cheaper price tag as well. The Tengda LG3 rocks a 5.5″ qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Tengda LG3 rather easily using the Kingo Root program. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Tengda LG3 in less than an hour.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Tengda LG3
- Download the Kingo program to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary USB driver on your PC. If you have not do so, you can head down here to download a copy for your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery remaining on your device.
- Back up the Tengda LG3.
Follow the steps below on how to root Tengda LG3
- Install Kingo on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After you have installed, open the Kingo program on your PC.
- Connect the Tengda G3+ to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- The program will then install the lastest driver on your PC.
- Once the neccessary driver has been installed, you should see a screen like the one above.
- Click on the root button to begin rooting Tengda LG3.
- Once it has rooted your device, you should see a Root Succeeded message.
- Reboot your smartphone.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Tengda LG3!