The Blu Sport 4.5 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by US manufacturer Blu back in October last year. The Blu Sport 4.5 rocks a decent 4.5″ display powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core chispet along with 512MB of RAM. Other key specs include a 4GB internal storage, microSD slot, 5MP rear camera, 1MP front-facing camera, 2,000mAh battery as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat running out of the box.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Blu Sport 4.5 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Blu Sport 4.5 using the Framaroot app.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk!
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Blu Sport 4.5
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the required driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Blu Sport 4.5.
Follow the steps below on how to root Blu Sport 4.5
- Connect the Blu Sport 4.5 to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Framaroot apk from your PC over to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot app on your Blu Sport 4.5 smartphone.
- From the Framaroot app, select Install Superuser under the Select an action to execute after root section.
- From the Select an exploit section, select the Boromir exploit. ( You can try Faramir or Barahir exploit if Boromir doesn’t work ).
- You should see a pop-up like the one above after you’re done.
- Reboot your device.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Blu Sport 4.5!