The Cubot P9 is the latest budget Android smartphone introduced by Cubot back in June this year featuring a decent 5″ qHD display powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core chipset along with 512MB of RAM. Although its spec sheet may seems rather depressing, but its justifiable since it comes with a price tag of less than $100.
Like most other Android smartphones, we can root Cubot P9 rather easily as well. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys exactly how to root Cubot P9 using the Framaroot app, a one-click-root app for Android smartphones. If you’re interested, then read on to find out more!
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot P9
- Download the Framaroot apk to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the necessary USB driver on your PC.
- Make sure there is at least 50% battery remaining on your Cubot P9 smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Make sure you have checked on the Unknown Sources checkbox.
- Back up the Cubot P9 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot P9
- Connect the Cubot P9 handset to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot apk from your PC to your device’s SD card.
- Open the file explorer app ( if you don’t have one on your device, then you may want to download either Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer ) and install the Framaroot apk by tapping on its icon.
- Open the Framaroot on your Cubot P9 smartphone and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- From the Framaroot app, select the Install Superuser option under the Select an action to execute after root section as shown above.
- In the next section, choose the Boromir exploit to root Cubot P9.
- You should be able to see a pop-up like the one above once the program has rooted your device. The process normally takes less than a minute to complete.
- Finally, reboot your Cubot P9 smartphone immediately.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot P9!