The Cubot S308 is a mid-range Android smartphone released by Cubot earlier this year. The Cubot S308 boast a 5-inches HD display which runs on a 1.3GHz quad-core chipset and 1GB RAM onboard. Quite a decent smartphone given that it only cost you less than $150. Like most other Cubot smartphones, we can root Cubot S308 rather easily using the vroot program. In the following tutorial, I will be guiding you guys on how to root Cubot S308 in less than an hour. *Please note that vroot only works on Windows PC only.
Disclaimer : During the process of rooting, there is always a risk for you to brick your Android device. So if you choose to root your device, you are doing it at your own risk! Your device warranty will also be voided after rooting.
Prerequisites before you begin rooting Cubot S308
- Download the vroot program to your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
- Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your smartphone.
- Back up the Cubot S308 smartphone.
Follow the steps below on how to root Cubot S308
- Install vroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect the Cubot S308 smartphone to your PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Next, ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps.
- Open the vroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen like the one below.
- On the vroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting Cubot S308.
- The rooting process takes only a few minutes to complete.
- You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
- Your device should automatically reboot itself.
- Congratulation! You’ve just rooted Cubot S308!