Released earlier this year, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has been a very attractive mid-range device among Android users around the world. The performance of the device itself is great, but there are just way too many bloatwares installed onboard that you can’t remove or delete manually unless you get it rooted first. So if you want to get rid of these bloatwares, then you’re at the right place! This tutorial will guide you on how to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195.
However before we begin, I would like to warn you that during the process of rooting, there is a risk of bricking your own device. So if you still want to proceed, you’ll be doing it at your own risk and we will hold no responsible for a, ny form of damage on your device. Its a good practice for you to backup your device to an external source apart from your own SD Card.
Follow the steps below on how to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195:
- Download the following files : Odin_v3.07.zip, GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.zip and recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-serranoltexx.tar.zip.
- Extract the Odin_v3.07.zip to your desktop.
- From the extracted files, run the Odin3 v3.07.exe by double-clicking on its icon.
- On the program, click on PDA and then select the GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.zip file which you have downloaded. Once done, click on Open.
- Ensure that the F. Reset Time check box is unmarked.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195.
- Connect the device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Turn on your device by pressing the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons for a moment.
- Once it turns on, hold on to the Volume Up button to boot the device into Download mode.
- You may realise that your PC may be automatically installing a device driver for your Galaxy S4 Mini at this juncture. If so, leave it to complete its installation.
- Once the driver is installed, the ID:COM box should turn yellow.
- Now, click on the start button in Odin and wait for your device reboot itself.
- Once done, repeat steps 4 to 12 but this time round select recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-serranoltexx.tar.zip instead of GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.zip in step 4.
- After you have repeated the steps above, your device should reboot once again.
- Once rebooted, switch off the device once again.
- Now, boot the device into Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons for a moment.
- You should be prompted whether you want to root your device upon exiting the Recovery. Select Yes.
- It will then begin rooting your device. This may take a moment.
- After your device is rooted, reboot it for the last time.
- Finally, go to Google Play and download the Superuser app to your device – so that you can have root control.
- Congratulation you’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195!
Hopefully you’ll be able to understand how to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 after reading this tutorial. If you need any help or experience any problem ( device hang, cannot boot? ) during the process, you can comment below this post or visit the original developers.